Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Intro

Started a blog yesterday for research on one grandmother's family ancestry. And decided that it wasn't fair to the other grandparents. So this blog is dedicated to the family history of my grandfather's parents: Jacob Irven Greenawalt, Jr. (that handsome guy in the blog header) and his first wife, Violet Mary Blair.

And yes, Irven is spelled correctly. It's how HE spelled it on his WWI Draft Registration Card, and that's how it appears on his headstone. I'll share pics of both here on this blog soon. (I've seen LOTS of other pedigree charts where it's spelled with an i: Irvin.)

This blog is intended to be a repository of information, where cousins, aunts, uncles, etc., can find/share/and contribute. I will share what I've found, along with snippets of the documents that support the link.

Please know that I am definitely a paper trail person. Hearsay and family stories are good as starting points, but I'm interested in the evidence, the documents, the photos. I have a huge folder on my hard drive full of census images, obituary clips, headstone photos, death certificates, etc. I have an equally large folder of incorrect information that I found in LDS files and in other pedigree charts.

More to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment