Saturday, May 19, 2012

Ha! I love it when I stumble on new sources and new NAMES! Last night I found SeekingMichigan.org, which has a selection of death records scanned. I found four previously unknown ancestors of great great grandmother Margaret Ann Gallentine.

This first death record is for Margaret's father, John W. Gallentine (b. 25 Dec 1838; d. 3 May 1905). I previously had no record of his parents, but lo and behold, both names are recorded: Abraham Gallentine and Louisa McKnight! The information was given by his wife Mary Wilson Gallentine.


This next death certificate is for Mary's mother, Margaret, who lived with Mary and John after Mary's father died. I had no record of her maiden name, let alone her parents. Imagine my glee upon seeing both her parents' names recorded: Charles Anderson and Amy Henry.  So she is Margaret Anderson Wilson (b. 24 Dec 1825; d. 4 Jan 1904).

No comments:

Post a Comment